Bird Observations Day to Day.

Monday 23 January 2006

A winters day

                 

Just a very short entry today, we were supposed to be going away for the day today but the weather was just too dull and what we hoped to see today lives very high in the trees so we do need good light  will try again another day.  We did go out for a walk and we greatly rewarded with a small flock of 8 lovely Bullfinches. This is very unusual for us we normally just get one or two at a time.  Last winter we had Bullfinch but only 2 about 200yds from where we saw them today, strange!  For the rest of the walk I'm afraid our heads we down against the wind so that was it for today.  Hope to get out later in the week.  Love

                                             Joan.

                  

4 comments:

  1. He is a beauty - such lovely colours.....we have finches come in the garden - but havn't seen this one.....Ally

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a resident Bullfinch in the garden this winter, they are truly beautiful birds. Take care.
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joan,  Bullfinches are lovely aren`t they, I can always rely on a finch to brighten up the birdtable! :o)

    Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Joan

    I think this must be a male Bullfinch because of its beautiful colouring.What a shame about the windy weather, its been nice here in Norwich today very cold but nice and bright. I look forward to hearing about your next trip later on in the week.........

    Luv Lyn (Allys daughter)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Joan I live in Scotland with my hubby of 48 years. We are both retired and enjoying life to the full well nearly. We are always out and about doing this and that. We love the countryside and do a bit of birdwatching and even twitch from time to time. We also visit art galleries and hubby does a bit of watercolour painting. Me I read a lot mainly thillers. I have been been keeping a journal for over five years over on AOL but we are being thrown out so this is my new home.

NeoCounter

Followers